COLUMBUS, Ohio, Oct. 10, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Huntington Bancshares Incorporated (Nasdaq:HBAN) ( www.huntington.com ) and Camco Financial Corporation (Nasdaq:CAFI) ( www.camcofinancial.com ) jointly announced today the signing of a definitive agreement under which Huntington will acquire Camco Financial, the parent company of Cambridge Ohio-based Advantage Bank, in a cash and stock transaction. As of June 30, 2013, Camco operated 22 banking offices throughout eastern and southern Ohio with $0.8 billion in total assets and $0.6 billion in total deposits.
"This is a great opportunity to enhance our presence in several areas within our existing footprint and to expand into several new attractive geographies," said Steve Steinour, chairman, president and CEO of Huntington Bank. "We are pleased to welcome the more than 55,000 customers of Advantage Bank to Huntington. Our new customers will now have access to some of the highest rated customer service in the industry and to some of the most innovative banking products and services, which have helped to grow our customer base by more than 30 percent in the past three years. The acquisition will also give our current customers the convenience of more branches."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV