Neustar, a trusted, neutral provider of real-time information services and analytics, today announced that on October 23, 2013, the company will host its inaugural DDoS Awareness Day , an all-day online event bringing together industry and government experts to raise awareness around the growing threat presented by Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks.
Governments, Fortune 500 companies and small businesses have all been targeted by DDoS attacks, and these attacks have become more frequent and complex in nature. During DDoS Awareness Day, law enforcement, government and security experts will discuss the state of these attacks and offer insight, technical tips and real world experience, tackling everything from victims’ real-life testimony to cyber-security, including the unique perspective of hackers.
“Whether you’re a massive corporation or a small business, the threat of a DDoS attack remains very real and can have massive financial and structural ramifications,” said Rodney Joffe, Senior Vice President and Fellow, Neustar. “By bringing together a roster of experts spanning a number of technical disciplines, we hope that companies and individuals will leave DDoS Awareness Day feeling better equipped to handle and prevent these attacks.”
Confirmed speakers for DDoS Awareness Day include:
- Rodney Joffe - Senior Vice President and Fellow, Neustar
- Gary Sockrider - Solutions Architect for the Americas, Arbor Networks
- Michael Murray - Co-founder and Managing Partner of The Hacker Academy
- Allison Nixon - Security Consultant, Integralis
- Mark Weatherford - Principal, The Chertoff Group
- Mark Bregman - Chief Technology Officer, Neustar
- Jonathan Coombes - Chief Information Security Officer, Neustar
- Darren Anstee - Solutions Architect Global Team Manager, Arbor Networks