Trade-Ideas: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries (TEVA) Is Today's Pre-Market Leader Stock
- TEVA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $157.6 million.
- TEVA traded 71,527 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:38 AM.
- TEVA is up 2.8% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TEVA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TEVA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TEVA: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited develops, manufactures, markets, and distributes pharmaceutical products worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.6%. TEVA has a PE ratio of 17.2. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Teva Pharmaceutical Industries a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 14 rate it a hold. The average volume for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries has been 3.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Teva has a market cap of $32.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 3.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Teva Pharmaceutical Industries as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.58, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that TEVA's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.51, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for TEVA PHARMACEUTICALS is rather high; currently it is at 60.93%. Regardless of TEVA's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TEVA's net profit margin of -9.17% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $875.00 million or 26.53% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, TEVA PHARMACEUTICALS's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.