Verizon (VZ) ($46.20) had been above its 200-day SMA since Jan. 30 and has been trading back and forth around this key moving average since Aug. 16. Today the 200-day is a resistance at $48.30. The stock has a buy rating with a semiannual value level at $42.34, a weekly pivot at $45.30 and semiannual risky level at $49.86.
Exxon Mobil (XOM) ($85.16) was last above its 200-day SMA on Aug 12. The stock has a hold rating and set a new 2013 low at $84.83 on Wednesday well below the 200-day at $89.62. The stock has a hold rating with a semiannual value level is $75.04, a weekly pivot at $84.04 and monthly risky level at $88.35.
At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV