NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here are 10 things you should know for Friday, Oct. 11:
1.-- U.S. stock futures were rising Friday amid optimism that lawmakers in the U.S. will reach an agreement on raising the nation's debt limit to avoid a default.
European stocks were higher. Asian stocks ended Friday's session with gains. Japan's Nikkei 225 Index rose 1.5%
2.-- The economic calendar in the U.S. Friday includes the University of Michigan sentiment index for October at 9:55 a.m. EDT.
3.--U.S. stocks on Thursday surged after investors cheered a possible short-term agreement between Republicans and Democrats to raise the nation's borrowing limit.
The S&P 500 advanced 2.2% to 1,692.56, the benchmark's biggest jump since Jan. 2.
Investors will be on focused on how the bank is handling its mounting legal tab as well as a raft of new regulations and enforcement actions. 6.-- Wells Fargo (WFC)may post a 15th consecutive quarter of earnings-per-share growth, surpassing consensus expectations of a slight decline, as investors in the bank await signs of rising economic growth in the U.S. 7.-- BlackBerry (BBRY) founder and former co-CEO Mike Lazaridis is weighing a takeover of the struggling smartphone maker and has hired Goldman Sachs and Centerview Partners to advise on any strategic transactions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV