TOKYO, Oct. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Migration to Enterprise Cloud Increases Uptime and Service Levels While Decreasing Costs -
NTT Communications Corporation (NTT Com), the data, cloud and international communications business within NTT (NYSE : NTT), announced on October 10 that it will provide Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. with a highly cost-effective cloud platform to operate mission-critical systems in Japan for production, procurement, product development, human resources and finance operations, since January 2014.
NTT Com will deploy its Enterprise Cloud global cloud service and Arcstar Universal One global network service to create a highly robust and scalable cloud platform. Yamaha Motor will use the platform to strengthen business continuity and slash ICT costs by consolidating currently dispersed servers, networks and other ICT systems on to NTT Com cloud services.Yamaha Motor plans to migrate all ICT systems in Japan by 2018. ICT systems overseas will be migrated within an appropriate timeframe. Yamaha Motor's mission-critical systems encompass some 700 servers and are accessed by their group companies worldwide. Most of the systems are owned and operated at on-premise environments within the Tokai region of central Japan. In view of Japan's susceptibility to earthquakes and other natural disasters, the company has been looking for ways to lower disaster risks and improve business continuity. The decision to use NTT Com as a global strategic partner is based on the flexible scalability and powerful backup capacity of NTT Com's cloud platform, as well as its large number of redundant data centers positioned in locations where natural-disaster risks are low. Also, closer proximately to end users increases the performance and response time of these systems. Yamaha Motor operates 140 group companies in 30 countries/regions and generates about 90% of total sales overseas. Since different ICT systems are being operated in many countries, system security and availability levels vary widely. Moreover, the costs of these owned assets are highly fixed. With NTT Com's assistance, however, Yamaha Motor will now migrate its ICT systems to the cloud and use many of these ICT resources on an as-needed basis. Many ICT costs, including server and network maintenance and system monitoring, will become variable costs, leading to significant savings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV