CHICAGO, Oct. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Continuing to pave the way in transitioning trucking fleets from diesel to compressed natural gas (CNG), AMP Americas announced today that it has signed a deal with Dairy Farmers of America (DFA) and Select Milk Producers, both national dairy cooperatives, to convert a portion of their diesel needs to CNG by working with haulers to convert their fleets to CNG-powered trucks.
Under the agreement, AMP-Trillium, the joint venture between AMP Americas and Trillium CNG, will build seven public fueling stations between August 2013 and early 2014 and lease new CNG trucks that will travel more than 13.2 million miles per year, servicing routes throughout Texas. The stations, which will be built in Waco, Amarillo, Harrold, Sweetwater, Weatherford, Kerrville and Midland, will initially fuel forty new Class-8 Kenworth and Peterbilt CNG sleeper trucks, a number that will double over the course of the agreement.
"It is estimated that the culmination of this deal will displace carbon emissions equal to removing 2,400 cars per year from the road and will save the supply chain $1.50 to $2.00 in fuel savings on every gallon sold. It lets us build a network of public, fast-fill CNG stations across all of the major Texas corridors that can be used by any fleet running trucks across the state," according to Nathan Laurell, CEO of AMP Americas.
"This new network of CNG stations will allow AMP-Trillium to meet the rapidly increasing demand for CNG cars and trucks. The low cost, low-carbon emissions, and reliability of CNG has made it the ideal alternative to gasoline and diesel fuels, " said Mary Boettcher, President of Trillium CNG™The deal structured by AMP Americas features beneficial contract terms for fleets operated by Western Dairy Transport and Reynolds Transport, establishing the two as "first-movers" by operating two of the largest 12-l Liter commercial CNG fleets in the US.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV