3M Library Systems is making the 3M Cloud Library eBook Lending System even more beneficial for participating libraries with a new “Buy and Donate” feature supported by Kobo, a global leader in eReading. The new program gives libraries the option to add a Buy and Donate button to their 3M Cloud Library website. When patrons click the button, they will be taken to the Kobo Bookstore to finalize their digital book purchases. 3M will donate a portion of sales to the library for use in purchasing additional eBooks from the 3M Cloud Library. With library budgets under constant pressure, this additional revenue stream can be a valuable way to enhance collections.
“With this program, a portion of the profits from an eBook sale will be donated to the library,” said Matt Tempelis, Global Business Manager for 3M Library Systems. “Kobo is a company that stands for Readers, and as such, emerged as the ideal partner for this initiative. We are excited to work with them to support libraries through eBook purchases.”
In addition to helping bolster the relationship between patrons and libraries, the program also hopes to drive eBook traffic for publishers who are not yet participating in the library market.
“This effort will help us engage with more publishers, and through added exposure in the Kobo eBook store, publishers will gain another avenue for readers to discover their eBook content,” said Tempelis.Now in use at approximately 400 libraries around the U.S., the 3M Cloud Library is a turnkey system of digital content and in-library hardware, along with apps for borrowing and reading. Thousands of patrons have now discovered the ease of browsing, checking out and reading eBooks on their own devices or on a 3M eReader checked out from the library. This flexible solution allows patrons to check out or buy materials and read on the device of their choice—at home or on the go.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV