Editor's Note: Himax is a Trifecta Stocks holding. If you own, or are thinking of owning HIMX, you HAVE to sign up for the FREE webinar hosted by TheStreet's fundamental expert Bryan Ashenberg and technical expert Bob Lang. Sign up now!
"The stock's volatility in a choppy environment should be expected as it is a high beta, highly speculative name that will tend to bounce around with investor sentiment," wrote Bryan Ashenberg and Bob Lang in their Trifecta Stocks article on Wednesday.
The company managed to partially mitigate Tuesday losses, gaining 1.3% to $10.21 by Wednesday close. Himax was among the high-momentum companies hammered by investor worry over political uncertainty in Washington earlier in the week.The key driver to Himax's success is its development and manufacturing of liquid crystal on silicon (LCoS) microdisplays, a component of wearable technology. In July, Google (GOOG) bought a 6.3% stake in Himax's display subsidiary to ramp production on LCoS chips and microdisplays once Google Glass launches. Ashenberg and Lang anticipate 60% earnings growth for fiscal 2014 and 22% in 2015. Year to date, Himax shares have gained 325.4%. Remember: Himax is a Trifecta Stocks holding. If you own, or are thinking of owning HIMX, you HAVE to sign up for the FREE webinar hosted by TheStreet's fundamental expert Bryan Ashenberg and technical expert Bob Lang. Sign up now!
Written by Keris Alison Lahiff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV