Oct. 9, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- DTE Energy will host its inaugural DTE Cares Day, a company-wide day of community service, on
Oct. 14, 2013
, beginning at
More than 400 employees will volunteer to help several non-profit organizations and positively impact the communities DTE Energy serves.
"Non-profit organizations are the heart and soul of the collaborative effort to enhance the quality of life in
, president and chief operating officer of DTE Gas, a subsidiary of DTE Energy. "Thousands of DTE employee volunteers are happy to be part of that effort year-round," said Norcia, who will spend DTE Cares Day helping to repair and restore a Habitat for Humanity house in Roseville.
On DTE Cares Day, employee volunteers will provide at least 3,000 hours of service. They will work at more than a dozen sites throughout
, Metro Detroit,
– Volunteers will pack and deliver groceries.
Joe Louis Park
– Debris and graffiti removal, plus light weed and bush trimming, are activities volunteers will perform.
Northwest Activities Center
– Volunteers will clean the building, paint and help with yard work.
The Neutral Zone
– In preparation for the organization's annual fundraiser, volunteers will bake, paint and assist with light carpentry.
Centerline, Clinton Township and Roseville
Macomb County Habitat for Humanity sites
– Volunteers will assist with building or restoring a home.
– Volunteers will visit a farm to pick fruits and vegetables. Also, they will load a Forgotten Harvest truck that will provide food for those in need the very next day.
The Salvation Army
– Volunteers will focus on building improvements.
– Building maintenance and repair work will be handled by volunteers.
Every Woman's Place
– Volunteers will clean up the building and grounds.
TrueNorth Community Services – Camp Newaygo
– To prepare Camp Newaygo for the winter season, volunteers will wash windows, rake leaves, paint and more.
Lighthouse of Oakland County
– Volunteers will help senior citizens with home repair projects, as well as assist with packing food for those in need.
There will be opportunities to interview DTE Energy executives on DTE Cares Day, including
, DTE Energy chairman, president and CEO;
, DTE Gas president and chief operating officer; and
Joyce Hayes Giles
, DTE Energy assistant to the chairman and senior vice president of public affairs. Details about their availability will be provided later this week.
About DTE Energy
DTE Energy (NYSE:DTE) is a
-based diversified energy company involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services nationwide. Its operating units include an electric utility serving 2.1 million customers in
and a natural gas utility serving 1.2 million customers in Michigan. The DTE Energy portfolio also includes non-utility energy businesses focused on power and industrial projects, unconventional gas production and energy trading. Information about DTE Energy is available at
twitter.com/dte_energy and facebook.com/dteenergy.