- With the NBA, Raptors and Canada Basketball, Bell is committed to basketball's growth and development at the amateur and professional levels
- Bell to become presenting partner of NBA Canada Series and NBA All-Star Balloting
MONTREAL, Oct. 9, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - Bell Canada today announced a new multi-year strategic partnership with the National Basketball Association (NBA) that further enhances Bell's position as the official communications partner for basketball in Canada.
"Bell is excited to partner with the National Basketball Association as part of our broad commitment to basketball in Canada, which includes our recently announced partnership with the Raptors, Canada's NBA team, and Bell's support for Canada Basketball and our country's national teams," said Wade Oosterman, President of Bell Mobility and Residential Services, and Chief Brand Officer at Bell. "Bell is taking the lead in driving the growth of one of the most popular and fastest-growing youth participation team sports in Canada."
Official Partner of the NBA As an Official Partner of the NBA, Bell will leverage its mobile network and services leadership to deliver more for Canadian basketball fans:
- Bell will be the presenting sponsor of the NBA Canada Series pre-season game platform beginning with the upcoming match-up between the Minnesota Timberwolves and Boston Celtics on October 20 at Bell Centre in Montréal.
- Bell customers will be able to watch new weekly NBA content on their smartphones and tablets during both the regular season and in the Playoffs, including player special profiles, rookie features and unique courtside content.
- Bell Mobile TV will feature new nightly NBA highlights from approximately 1,300 NBA games starting at the beginning of the regular season and continuing through the NBA Finals.
- Bell will be the presenting sponsor of the NBA All-Star Balloting platform in Canada, which gives fans the opportunity to vote daily for their favorite players to become starters for the NBA All-Star Game, and will include a contest for two fans to attend 2014 NBA All-Star in New Orleans.