Lululemon Athletica (LULU) got a positive rating Wednesday when J.P. Morgan initiated coverage on the stock, but Sterne Agee downgraded the stock to sell from hold Thursday. Cramer didn't like the analyst back-and-forth, saying, "this is too much of a battleground for me."
Oppenheimer upgraded SunTrust Banks (STI), and Cramer said "regional banks do better as rates go higher," and that "SunTrust is fine."
Morgan Stanley called Sony (SNE) a buy, but Cramer wasn't so sure, saying, "I'm a little worried about that."Both Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) and Pharmacyclics (PCYC) should be higher on the the back the new breakthrough cancer drug, ibrutinib, Cramer said. Deutsche Bank downgraded Anadarko Petroleum (APC), while making several interesting rating changes on other stocks. Cramer questioned the calls, saying "I don't get this kind of move." Merrill Lynch upgraded Office Depot (ODP) to buy from sell and "that usually means something's going on," Cramer said regarding an analyst that makes such a big upgrade. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell At the time of publication, Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, was long JNJ.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV