NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- When the government shutdown first began, equity markets patiently waited for a resolution.
That resolution has yet to come and now the markets are beginning to show their displeasure as selling begins to accelerate, pushing indices lower.
So now what? Peltier suggested that investors search for stocks that have identifiable positive catalysts going forward.For instance, he found that Yamana Gold (AUY) now has a 2.8% dividend yield after the latest pullback. Or that ON Semiconductor (ONNN) is trading at just nine times 2014 earnings after its latest decline. He concluded that it's important for investors to keep cash on the sidelines so they can put it work when buying opportunities present themselves. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV