AOL Inc. (NYSE:AOL) and ESPN today announced they have reached an agreement that provides AOL’s audience access to a majority of video from ESPN, including news, highlights and analysis. The agreement deepens AOL’s leading collection of high-quality online video content and significantly boosts its sports-related offering.
The highlights of the deal include:
- ESPN will provide AOL with ESPN-branded news, highlights and analysis, including video content seen on SportsCenter and other ESPN programs, covering a wide array of sports.
- AOL will syndicate ESPN video content across both its owned and operated sites (such as AOL.com and The Huffington Post) along with its vast network of partners that includes 1,700 publishers such as Cox, Gannett, and the Boston Globe, as well as mobile phones, tablets and connected TV devices.
- In conjunction with AOL editors, ESPN’s state-of-the-art production facility will help program content across the AOL network so that consumers reading text articles on both AOL’s family of sites and its partners’ sites will be served relevant ESPN videos providing an optimal consumer experience.
- The library of ESPN videos will also be housed in a brand-specific channel on the AOL On Network (on.aol.com/espn), AOL’s video platform that launched in 2012 and exclusively features curated, premium video content.
- Ad sales for this video content will be led by ESPN, and revenue will be shared by both parties along with AOL’s syndication partners.
- Content distribution began on Oct. 8.
“AOL’s network will provide sports fans a truly engaging online experience with ESPN-produced and ESPN-branded premium video,” said Matt Murphy, ESPN SVP of Digital Video Distribution. “We see a real opportunity in our ability to curate and syndicate locally relevant content to AOL’s vast network of local sites.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV