EAST HANOVER, N.J., Oct. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Fans throughout North America are hungrier than ever for soccer, and now several of the world's leading snack brands are getting into the game like never before. Mondelez International, the makers of OREO, RITZ, TRIDENT and SOUR PATCH KIDS, is making a major play with soccer to excite and engage consumers through a series of wide-ranging deals with several of the sport's top teams, organizations and players.
Today, the snack company announced a series of multi-year sponsorships that will establish its leading brands' place in this rapidly expanding sport and provide the basis for a fully integrated marketing campaign launching in 2014 to help kick up the growing passion for soccer in North America heading into the most anticipated stretch in the sport's history. The deals, negotiated in conjunction with CAA Sports Consulting (on behalf of Mondelez International) and Soccer United Marketing, Major League Soccer's commercial arm, represent the company's largest multi-brand program to date, and include:
- 3-year sponsorship as the Official Snacks of U.S. Soccer (Men's and Women's National Teams) as the Federation celebrates its 100 th year
- 3-year sponsorship as the Official Snacks of Club Deportivo Guadalajara, a popular Mexican team commonly known as Chivas, for games played and sponsorship within the U.S.
- Individual marketing deals with three of the brightest stars in U.S. soccer today: Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC), Alex Morgan (Portland Thorns FC) and Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy)
"This is so much more than a business deal – it's the start of a movement to help our great brands connect soccer, community and snacking in a way that makes consumers stand up and cheer," said Stephen Chriss, Senior Director, North America Consumer Engagement and Marketing Services at Mondelez International. "We're so excited to have the opportunity to partner with these great athletes and organizations just as U.S. love for the sport is about to reach a fever pitch."
Uniting Snacks, Soccer and CommunityThe designation of Official Snacks of U.S. Soccer and Chivas extends to the cookie, candy, cracker and gum categories and will be inclusive of a series of globally-recognized brands operated by Mondelez International, including: OREO, CHIPS AHOY, RITZ, WHEAT THINS, HONEY MAID, NEWTONS, BELVITA, TRIDENT, DENTYNE, STRIDE and SOUR PATCH KIDS, among others.The deals with U.S. Soccer and Chivas will include all forms of media, retail, shopper marketing, consumer promotions, grassroots, PR and social media. The sponsorships also include rights to align with coaches, legends of the game and the U.S. Soccer Development Academy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV