HOUSTON, Oct. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Goodrich Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: GDP) today announced the completion of its CMR-Foster Creek 20-7H-1 (99% WI) well in Wilkinson County, Mississippi. The well was successfully drilled with a 6,200 foot lateral and fracture stimulated with 23 stages but encountered completion issues while drilling out the frac plugs with coiled tubing resulting in the loss of a bottom hole assembly and fishing tools in the well. The Company replaced the coiled tubing unit with a workover rig in an attempt to remove the downhole tools but fishing operations were un-successful. The well was subsequently placed on production from the approximately 2,100 feet of usable and unobstructed lateral.
The well has reached a 24-hour peak production rate of 527 barrels of oil equivalent ("BOE") per day, comprised of 500 barrels of oil and 174 Mcf of gas on a 16/64 inch choke from the 2,100 feet of lateral.
The Company is currently drilling the lateral of the Huff 18-7H-1 (97% WI) well in Amite County, Mississippi, with plans to go to two rigs later this month.
The Company currently has in excess of 300,000 net acres in the Tuscaloosa Marine Shale.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV