Trade-Ideas: Men's Wearhouse (MW) Is Today's Pre-Market Mover With Heavy Volume Stock
- MW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $38.7 million.
- MW traded 82,334 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:00 AM, representing 10.1% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MW: The Men's Wearhouse, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a specialty apparel retailer in the United States and Canada. It provides suits, suit separates, sport coats, slacks, sportswear, outerwear, dress shirts, shoes, and accessories for men, as well as offers tuxedo rentals. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. MW has a PE ratio of 13.8. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Men's Wearhouse a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Men's Wearhouse has been 531,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Men's Wearhouse has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.81 and a short float of 5.9% with 3.53 days to cover. Shares are up 5.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Men's Wearhouse as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for MENS WEARHOUSE INC is rather high; currently it is at 51.12%. Regardless of MW's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 6.63% trails the industry average.
- MW, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 19.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.3%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, MENS WEARHOUSE INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- MENS WEARHOUSE INC's earnings per share declined by 26.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MENS WEARHOUSE INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.55 versus $2.31 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 3.9% in earnings ($2.45 versus $2.55).
- You can view the full Men's Wearhouse Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.