University of Phoenix® and the Enlisted Association of the National Guard of the United States (EANGUS) We Care for America Foundation has selected three recipients to receive full-tuition scholarships. Recipients chosen were either current members or immediate family members of EANGUS, a professional, national organization that represents enlisted men and women in the Army and Air National Guard. Scholarship recipients will complete either an undergraduate or master’s degree program at University of Phoenix.
The 2013 University of Phoenix EANGUS Scholarship recipients are:
- Khoi T. “Paul” Nguyen, a maintenance management analyst (A1C) in the U.S. Air Force (USAF) from Glendale, Ariz., will pursue a bachelor’s degree in business management. Nguyen intends to use his degree toward becoming a commissioned officer in the USAF. Nguyen’s parents sought asylum in Berlin, Germany as Vietnam War refugees. Growing up in that environment led him to work with those who have lived under similar circumstances and have enhanced his understanding of “service over self.” Nguyen will use his degree to help organizations be more productive and efficient, both nationally and internationally.
- Kristen Heintschel, a clinical services nurse with the American Red Cross in Maumee, Ohio, and who is the daughter of an EANGUS member, will pursue a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). She will use the degree to increase her knowledge of health promotion, disease prevention and risk reduction. Upon obtaining her BSN, Heintschel seeks to further her education in nursing or a related medical field.
- Duncan Hannigan is a chief master sergeant (E-9) with the Arizona Air National Guard in Phoenix, Ariz. He will pursue a Master of Business Administration degree to heighten his leadership skills and to assist him with his goal of becoming a state command chief. When Hannigan’s dreams of becoming a pilot were dashed as a result of losing a kidney, he immediately refocused his career goals and has become a lifelong learner. From training others in his unit to educating the public about the USAF, Hannigan will use his degree to help him expand his career goals in the military.
“EANGUS would sincerely like to thank University of Phoenix for the sponsorship of our We Care for America Scholarship Program,” said EANGUS Scholarship Committee Chairman Ronnie Emerson. “Thanks to their generous sponsorship, we were able to recognize deserving EANGUS members for their academic effort, which allows them to further their education to better prepare themselves for what lies ahead.”
"University of Phoenix is pleased to partner with EANGUS to offer its members the opportunity to achieve their educational goals," said University of Phoenix Military Division Associate Regional Vice President retired Army Col. Garland Williams. "The 2013 University of Phoenix EANGUS scholarships are an excellent example of how we demonstrate our corporate social responsibility by providing quality education to civilian and military students throughout the U.S."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts