CHENGDU, China, Oct. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Chengdu's newest and most anticipated hotel officially opens its doors today. Located in the heart of the city that was once the site of an imperial palace, the opening of The Ritz-Carlton, Chengdu marks the official arrival of luxury hospitality in South Western China.
Towering above Tianfu Square in the city's cosmopolitan heart, the 353 room property will be the ninth in China for The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. and the 19th in Asia Pacific. With interior design inspired by traditional Chinese courtyard homes, oriental motifs have been skillfully blended into a contemporary luxury hotel. The Ritz-Carlton, Chengdu pays homage to the past, while also catering to the modern needs of its guests with unmatched hotel accommodations.
"We are delighted to be opening our first hotel in Chengdu, an important gateway city in one of the world's fastest growing travel destinations in south west China," said Herve Humler, President and Chief Operations Officer of The Ritz-Carlton. "The city has true international appeal, attracting visitors from all over the world for business or pleasure. We are delighted to play our part in helping put this vibrant destination on the map for discerning luxury travelers."
The Ritz-Carlton, Chengdu provides an ideal base from which to explore the city's cultural and culinary wealth. Chengdu sits astride the 2,000 year old Silk Road and enjoys a reputation as the birthplace of a unique Kung Fu Chinese tea culture.With areas of outstanding natural beauty located nearby, such as JiuZhai Valley and the Panda Sanctuary, the destination continues to grow in stature internationally, and command much interest and intrigue to the global traveler.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV