NYSE Euronext Announces Trading Volumes For September 2013
NYSE Euronext (NYX) today announced trading volumes for its global derivatives and cash equities exchanges for September 2013 1. Global derivatives average daily volume (“ADV”) of 6.5 million contracts, excluding Bclear in September 2013 decreased 7.5% compared to September 2012, but increased 12.7% from August 2013. U.S. equity options volumes in September 2013 decreased 11.7% compared to September 2012, but increased 8.8% sequentially. ADV in U.S. cash equities declined 9.3% year-over-year, but increased 13.1% month-over-month. European cash equities ADV in September 2013 decreased 5.8% compared to September 2012, but increased 4.8% from August 2013 levels.
- NYSE Euronext global derivatives ADV in September 2013 of 6.5 million contracts, excluding Bclear, decreased 7.5% from September 2012, but increased 12.7% from August 2013 levels.
- NYSE Euronext European derivatives products ADV in September 2013 of 2.8 million contracts, excluding Bclear, decreased 1.4% compared to September 2012, but increased 16.4% from August 2013 levels. Including Bclear, NYSE Liffe’s trade administration and clearing service for OTC products, European derivatives ADV decreased 8.4% compared to September 2012, but increased 11.4% from August 2013.
- NYSE Euronext U.S. equity options (NYSE Arca and NYSE Amex Options) ADV of 3.6 million contracts in September 2013 decreased 11.7% compared to September 2012 levels, but increased 8.8% from August 2013 levels. NYSE Euronext’s U.S. options exchanges accounted for 25.5% of total U.S. consolidated equity options trading in September 2013, down from 26.0% in September 2012, but up from 25.3% in August 2013.
- NYSE Liffe U.S. ADV of approximately 73,700 contracts decreased from 83,700 contracts in September 2012, but increased from 31,400 contracts in August 2013.
- NYSE Euronext European cash products ADV of 1.3 million transactions in September 2013 decreased 5.8% compared to September 2012 but, increased 4.8% compared to August 2013.
- NYSE Euronext U.S. cash products (NYSE, NYSE Arca and NYSE MKT) handled ADV of 1.5 billion shares in September 2013 decreased 9.3% compared to September 2012, but increased 13.1% compared to August 2013. NYSE Euronext’s Tape A matched market share in September 2013 was 31.3%, up from 31.1% in September 2012 and up from 30.7% in August 2013.
- The preliminary average net revenue per transaction type (as defined below) for each of the primary trading venues in the third quarter of 2013 is included below:
|European Derivatives (ex. Bclear) 1||$0.657||$0.610||$0.63|
|U.S. Derivatives 2||$0.144||$0.156||$0.16|
|European Cash 3||$0.537||$0.562||$0.54|
|U.S. Cash 4||$0.040||$0.047||$0.048|
|1 Average net revenue per contract, excluding Bclear.|
|2 Average net revenue per contract. Excludes NYSE Liffe U.S. trading volume.|
|3 Average net revenue per transaction.|
|4 Average net revenue per 100 shares handled.|
- The average EUR/USD exchange rate for the third quarter of 2013 of $1.33 represented an increase of 1.5% from the second quarter of 2013 and an increase of 5.8% compared to the third quarter of 2012. The average GBP/USD exchange rate for the third quarter of 2013 of $1.55 represented a decrease of 1.0% from the second quarter of 2013 and a decrease of 1.9% compared to the third quarter of 2012.
Please click here for the Monthly Transaction Activity Data Table.
|1||All NYSE Euronext derivatives transactions count buy and sell orders together as a single transaction. NYSE Euronext European equities transactions count each buy and sell order as separate transactions, NYSE Euronext U.S. equities transactions count buy and sell orders together as a single transaction.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV