Shoemaker to the Stars Steps Into the Spotlight
SAN DIEGO (TheStreet) -- Antonio Brown says he prefers to remain in the shadows.
But these days he's learning to walk the red carpet like a rock star.
And really, once you've walked a Los Angeles red carpet with a celebrity dangling from your arm, you might as well.Brown is a 28-year-old fashion designer in the midst of launching a fashion empire. His goal is to eventually offer a one-stop luxury brand for men -- his LVL XIII (pronounced Level 13) -- selling everything from belts to wallets to jackets and clothing. He's starting that empire by designing luxury sneakers so unique and stylish they're being snatched up by actors, athletes and rappers. Celebrities who've been spotted in Brown's pricey sneakers include model Tyson Beckford, rappers Nas and Jim Jones and actors Tracy Morgan, Jason Sudeikis, Chris Tucker and Tristan Wilds. "When [singer] Jason Derulo wore my shoes on Good Morning America it was a wake-up call. It was an exciting moment. It really defined for me that I was moving in the right direction and that this was definitely a journey for me to take and not give up on," recalls Brown, fresh off the Los Angeles launch of the sneaker line where he walked the red carpet with Danity Kane singer Dawn Richard. Brown has been making appearances on red carpets around the country lately to promote his sneakers. Before the glitzy Los Angeles party a few weeks ago at Hollywood's Supperclub, there was New York and Atlanta.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV