Trade-Ideas: Sealed Air Corporation (SEE) Is Today's Post-Market Laggard Stock
- SEE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $54.3 million.
- SEE is down 2.7% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SEE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SEE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SEE: Sealed Air Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides food safety and security, facility hygiene, and product protection solutions worldwide. The company operates through three segments: Food & Beverage (F&B), Institutional & Laundry (I&L), and Protective Packaging. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Sealed Air Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Sealed Air Corporation has been 2.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Sealed Air has a market cap of $5.3 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.31 and a short float of 3.5% with 3.25 days to cover. Shares are up 55.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sealed Air Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income and revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Containers & Packaging industry. The net income increased by 514.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$13.60 million to $56.30 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 5.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- SEALED AIR CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SEALED AIR CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$8.33 versus $0.86 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.20 versus -$8.33).
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 3.34 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, SEE maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.79, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Containers & Packaging industry and the overall market, SEALED AIR CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Sealed Air Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts