Trade-Ideas: Jazz Pharmaceuticals (JAZZ) Is Today's Post-Market Laggard Stock
- JAZZ has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $55.2 million.
- JAZZ is down 4.5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JAZZ with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JAZZ NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on JAZZ: Jazz Pharmaceuticals Public Limited Company, a specialty biopharmaceutical company, engages in the identification, development, and commercialization of pharmaceutical products for various medical needs in the United States, Europe, and other countries. JAZZ has a PE ratio of 18.7. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Jazz Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Jazz Pharmaceuticals has been 669,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Jazz has a market cap of $5.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.24 and a short float of 3.3% with 2.52 days to cover. Shares are up 65.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Jazz Pharmaceuticals as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- JAZZ's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 67.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.47, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.35, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. When compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, JAZZ PHARMACEUTICALS PLC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 35.29% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 52.39% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, JAZZ should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- JAZZ PHARMACEUTICALS PLC has improved earnings per share by 35.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, JAZZ PHARMACEUTICALS PLC increased its bottom line by earning $4.30 versus $2.67 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.29 versus $4.30).
- You can view the full Jazz Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.