MILPITAS, Calif., Oct. 8, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Intersil Corporation (Nasdaq:ISIL), a leading provider of innovative power management and precision analog solutions, today introduced the ISL95816, a new core controller that provides a cost-efficient, space-saving solution for powering Intel VR12.5 central processors. Featuring a wide input voltage range and excellent fast load transient response, the ISL95816 controller is ideal for mobile computing applications.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=21411 .
The latest ultrabook and tablet products have increasingly complex power requirements. The core controller must be able to deliver specific voltages and regulate the CPE core voltages from wide input power supplies. These advanced systems also require improved power density and efficiency to enable a much smaller footprint.Intersil's ISL95816 four-phase buck controller is based on an innovative design that not only supports the requirements of Intel VR12.5 processors, but also offers the industry's best dynamic transient response. Its wide input voltage range of 4.6V to 19V lets designers use either narrow VDC (Volts Direct Current) or traditional adapters. The new device also provides PWM outputs that can be used with either external drivers or compatible DrMOS solutions, offering added flexibility for designers. Using Intersil's proprietary R3 modulator, the ISL95816 buck controller offers fast load transient response with minimal ringing on the output voltage. The R3 modulator performance enables support for the VR12.5 specifications at lower switching frequencies and less output capacitance. This translates to higher efficiency and a smaller footprint solution, reducing the bill of materials (BOM).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV