Wind River ® , a world leader in embedded software for intelligent connected systems, today introduced the latest version of Wind River Intelligent Device Platform, a complete software development environment used for building machine-to-machine (M2M) applications and devices that communicate with the cloud. The platform provides ready-to-use components to secure, manage, and connect Internet of Things (IoT) gateways.
Intelligent Device Platform is a scalable, sustainable, and secure solution that simplifies the development, integration, and deployment of IoT gateways. It is based on the Wind River market-leading operating systems, which are standards-compliant and fully tested, as well as Wind River development tools. The platform contains device security, smart connectivity, rich network options and device management.
“Making the most of IoT means integrating new and existing devices in an operationally efficient ecosystem, and connecting via gateways will be the most practical way to achieve scalability and minimize cost,” said Santhosh Nair, general manager of intelligent systems group at Wind River. “Companies are looking for integrated solutions to help them develop compelling applications while protecting their investments, so we’re very pleased to offer a flexible platform to address these increasing needs that we’re seeing across market segments, including industrial, medical, and transportation.”
The latest version of Intelligent Device Platform includes the following key features:
- Gateway security: Delivers security features designed to secure the communication channel, the data, and the end device
- Application enablement: Provides Lua, Java, and OSGi application environments to enable portable, scalable, and reusable application development on both resource-constrained and full-featured devices
- Device connectivity: Embraces IoT protocol MQTT for data transportation and native support for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, ZigBee, and short-range wireless protocols widely used in IoT devices
- Remote device management: Supports well-established management protocols such as TR-069 and OMA DM
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts