[video] Quick Take: Twitter Is Already a Buy
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Before even going public, Twitter already has a buy rating and $50 price target from one analyst. But is this a good idea?
We saw these ratings happen with Facebook (FB) too, before it had a horrendous opening day and a difficult first year of trading.
TheStreet's Chris Ciaccia tells Debra Borchardt that the new Twitter rating just an analyst's opinion on why investors should be bullish, rather than bearish, on the stock.
But what if the stock runs up to $70 after going public?Then the analyst will simply have to adjust the numbers, like analysts always do anyway, Ciaccia said. He added that analysts are trying to make names for themselves. Twitter wants as much positive media coverage as possible leading up to the IPO. Ciaccia concluded that the company is trying to diverse its revenue streams, with 85% coming from advertising. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV