NEW YORK, Oct. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), a leading global provider of digital imagery, today announced the 7 winning recipients for Shutterstock Stories, a creative grant program that will award a total of $75,000 to artists around the world.
Shutterstock received submissions from 39 countries, representing diverse backgrounds and creativity. "To hear what inspires our artists was an incredibly rewarding process," said Meagan Kirkpatrick, who oversees Global Communications at Shutterstock. "We hope these grants provide a resource for contributors to do even more with their talent, and that sharing their stories will encourage others to pursue their own creative passions," she added.
Six of the winning entries were chosen by the previously announced panel of judges, which included Academy Award® winning film producer Geralyn White Dreyfous; Head Future Media's of Creative & Design Group, Declan Gough; top Shutterstock contributor Anja Kaiser; Tumblr's Annie Werner; Nicole Stipp of kate spade new york and Shutterstock Founder/CEO Jon Oringer. The seventh was determined by a public vote, with nearly 17,000 votes being cast during a ten-day period.
$25,000 Winner (Judges' Choice)
- Paul Prescott , a travel photographer and video artist whose journeys have included India, New Zealand, Thailand, Cambodia, Israel and Egypt. He currently resides in Correze, France.
- Beto Chagas, an art-director turned photographer. He is a self-described "one-man studio" and is based in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Maaike Boot, an independent graphic designer and illustrator based in The Hague, Netherlands. Her cheerful illustrations have been used by stationery and lifestyle brands around the world.
- Franck Camhi "Ostill", a world-traveling storyteller with a passion for sports, dance and fashion photography. He is based in Paris, France.
- Fernando Gregory , a Mexico City-based artist who combated an economic downturn with his photography in order to support his family.
- Aff Marshall, a New York City born self-taught photographer, cinematographer and digital innovator. He has specialized in creating imagery for the fashion and beauty industries.
- Susan Schmitz, a Scottsdale, Arizona photographer whose images on pet adoption ads have saved hundreds of animals' lives.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV