Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified PHH Corporation (PHH) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified PHH Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- PHH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $32.9 million.
- PHH has traded 3.9 million shares today.
- PHH is down 3.4% today.
- PHH was up 5.6% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PHH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PHH NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on PHH: PHH Corporation provides mortgage and fleet management services in the United States and Canada. The company's Mortgage Production segment provides private-label mortgage services to financial institutions and real estate brokers; and originates, purchases, and sells mortgage loans. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 9.8%. PHH has a PE ratio of 9.8. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate PHH Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.The average volume for PHH Corporation has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. PHH has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.20 and a short float of 25.1% with 10.84 days to cover. Shares are up 4.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates PHH Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, notable return on equity and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 511.76% to $416.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation.
- The gross profit margin for PHH CORP is rather high; currently it is at 58.87%. Regardless of PHH's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year.
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.7%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Although PHH's debt-to-equity ratio of 3.80 is very high, it is currently less than that of the industry average.
- You can view the full PHH Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about PHH
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV