SAN MATEO, Calif., Oct. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NetSuite Inc. (NYSE: N), the industry's leading provider of cloud-based financials / ERP and omnichannel commerce software suites, today announced that Shaw Industries, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK-A) and the world's largest carpet manufacturer with more than $4 billion in annual sales, has rolled out NetSuite OneWorld, the world's most deployed cloud ERP solution for global businesses, in a two-tier ERP model to run a new 210,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in Nantong, China, and manage 10 international subsidiaries in countries including China, India, Luxembourg, Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia. Shaw Industries' China plant, which opened this year to produce carpet tile for commercial and residential customers in China and the broader Asian market, is now relying on NetSuite OneWorld for financials, financial consolidations and reporting, order management, inventory management, manufacturing and purchasing. The new plant projects to employ up to 250 workers, produce 5 million square yards of carpet tile a year and enable Shaw Industries to reduce the time previously required to deliver U.S.-made carpet tile to the Asian market by several weeks. NetSuite support for the Chinese language allows the company to extend the solution for use across the manufacturing plant and other locations in China, while multi-currency capabilities streamline transactions in the Chinese renminbi and the Australian dollar.
Shaw Industries did thorough due diligence and evaluated the major ERP providers and determined that NetSuite OneWorld best met its criteria for rapid deployment with a lean IT footprint, easy and repeatable deployment model, ease of use and support for multiple languages and currencies to help power international expansion. The large-scale deployment of NetSuite OneWorld, implemented by NetSuite professional services, is designed to support Shaw Industries' strategic objective of rapid global growth, and is integrated with legacy on-premise systems at the company's headquarters in Dalton, Ga., including an Oracle PeopleSoft financials/HR system and a custom-built legacy application for inventory and supply chain.
NetSuite Manufacturing Functionality Creates an Efficient Process for Shaw Industries' Plant in China
NetSuite manufacturing functionality streamlined the manufacturing processes and improved operational efficiency, providing its China-based manufacturing plant with the following capabilities:
- Manufacturing carpet tile in China for sale in China and Asia through a distribution network that leverages NetSuite's multi-location inventory capabilities to strategically position its products within the markets it serves.
- Lot control, which is critical to its manufacturing process to ensure customers get products that match their expectations for product color with little or no variation.
- Work Orders that are used to build both sub-assemblies and final assemblies, and which are key throughout the manufacturing process to pull lot-controlled materials from inventory for use in the production process.
- Advanced Inventory Management and Advanced Bin Management that allow Shaw Industries to accurately control its inventory and re-ordering processes to ensure production targets are met.
- Standard Cost and Work in Process accounting (WIP) that allow the company to control its costs and investigate process variances at all stages of its manufacturing process.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts