Plus, there is now a shortage of supply in the market. So even though homes continue to wind up in foreclosure, the overall impact on home prices is more muted.
The five states with the highest number of completed foreclosures for the 12 months ending in August 2013 were: Florida (111,000), Michigan (60,000), California (58,000), Texas (43,000) and Georgia (40,000).These five states accounted for almost half of all completed foreclosures nationally.
-- Written by Shanthi Bharatwaj New York.
>Contact by Email.Follow @shavenk
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV