BOSTON, Oct. 8, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Xively, a subsidiary of LogMeIn (Nasdaq:LOGM) and creator of the first public cloud platform for the commercial Internet of Things (IoT), today announced that Turbid, a technology company focused on stormwater management solutions for mining, landfill and construction sites, is building its next generation of water treatment products on the Xively IoT platform. By using Xively to connect, control and monitor these solutions, Turbid is increasing the efficiency and accuracy of its solutions, making it possible for clients to remotely manage and track water quality in sediment basins.
"We wanted to connect our products to the Internet of Things so that customers could monitor basin performance and operation, and tweak operation of our dosing systems (IFOD's). This would largely eliminate the need to send workers onsite to obtain readings and manually treat water. After exploring several approaches, it became clear that Xively Cloud Services provided the power, flexibility and simplicity we needed," said Ben Starr, Director , Turbid. "With Xively, we were able to develop a remote, real-time data collection and control solution in just two months and the Xively integration was done in a matter of days. Not only is using Xively Cloud Services saving us a tremendous amount of time and money, Xively Consulting Services provided the guidance and expertise needed to quickly create an effective solution."
"We're excited that Turbid is using the Xively IoT cloud to power its next-generation water treatment products," said Mario Finocchiaro , Director of Business Development , Xively. "Turbid epitomizes the type of innovative businesses that are turning to Xively for the strength of our platform, the ease with which they can create connected solutions, and the expertise that's available through our Consulting Services and Partner Network."By connecting its stormwater treatment solutions to Xively Cloud Services, Turbid is able to offer a highly competitive, differentiated solution that helps mining and construction customers:
- Monitor and remotely manage performance of sediment basins 24 hours a day.
- Access real-time water quality data that can be reported on and shared with subcontractors and regulators.
- Avoid the hassles, cost and inaccuracies of manual data collection processes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV