SEATTLE, Oct. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- After more than five years of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac conservatorship, now is the time to move past the temporary fixes that were put in place during the crisis and create a functional and sustainable housing finance system. But with so many plans being put forward, it can be confusing for consumers to understand how changes to the mortgage finance system might affect them. What is in store for the future of mortgage finance? How will the reform of government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs) evolve with the housing recovery?
To answer some of these questions, Zillow®, the leading real estate information marketplace, along with the Bipartisan Policy Center (BPC) will host a full-day event entitled "Getting Our House in Order: Solving the Lingering Issues of the Housing Recession," Thursday, Oct. 24 at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, D.C.
Full details of the Washington, D.C., event are below, and guests can register for this free forum at http://zillow-bpc-housing-forum.eventbrite.com/. The event is open to the press. More information and updates about speakers can be found at www.zillow.com/blog/category/housing-forum.
Getting Our House in Order: Solving the Lingering Issues of the Housing Recession Oct. 24, 2013, 9:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.The Pavilion at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center1300 Pennsylvania Ave. NW Washington, D.C.Keynote Addresses by: Carol Galante Acting Federal Housing Administration Commissioner and Assistant Secretary for Housing Edward Joseph DeMarco Acting Director of the Federal Housing Finance Agency Top Housing Experts and Policymakers Will Debate and Discuss in Two Moderated Panels:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV