ST. LOUIS, Oct. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Express Scripts (NASDAQ: ESRX) today unveiled two nationally available Medicare Part D plans through its Express Scripts Medicare™ Prescription Drug Plan (PDP), providing America's seniors with choice, value and clinical support that can help safeguard their health and their Medicare dollars.
Enrollment for the 2014 plan year begins October 15, 2013, and ends December 7, 2013 with coverage beginning on January 1, 2014.
- The Express Scripts Medicare Choice plan features a $0 deductible, $0 copayment for Tier 1 generics from the Express Scripts Home Delivery Pharmacy, and lower copayments when seniors use Express Scripts' new preferred retail pharmacy network of 27,000 pharmacies.
- The Express Scripts Medicare Value plan features a low monthly premium and low-cost generics. Tier 1 generics are just $4 for a 90-day supply through the Express Scripts Home Delivery Pharmacy, and $2 for a 31-day supply at one of 69,000 participating network retail pharmacies.
Both plans offer coverage for more than 3,000 medications, including those most commonly prescribed for Medicare beneficiaries. Both plans are offered in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico."Consistently awarded high Star ratings from Medicare*, Express Scripts understands the unique needs of seniors today and created two Part D plans that provide beneficiaries with opportunities to make the most of their Medicare dollars," said Michael Looney, chief operating officer, Express Scripts Medicare PDP. "More importantly, Express Scripts specialist pharmacists have unmatched experience with the medications that treat conditions most common among seniors, and can offer clinical support and care to help beneficiaries make better health decisions and have healthier outcomes." Express Scripts Medicare Advisors and pharmacists are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help lower costs, alert beneficiaries to the Coverage Gap and offer guidance on ways to delay reaching it. They also help beneficiaries get the most value from their plan. Since cost can be an issue when it comes to patients sticking with a prescription treatment regimen, Express Scripts Medicare Advisors will alert members when a cost-effective generic drug becomes available, and work with the members' doctor to help determine if it's a viable alternative.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV