Freescale Semiconductor (NYSE: FSL) today announced a major expansion of its analog portfolio for the industrial market, building on its expertise in automotive analog solutions to bring more than 20 products featuring outstanding performance, reliability and functional safety to the growing global industrial automation market.
Driven by the transition from mechanical technologies to electronic automation, the industrial space is experiencing growth across numerous product categories. According to industry analyst firm IHS, the market for analog semiconductors targeting industrial applications is expected to grow during the next several years, expanding from $6.8 billion in 2012 to $9.2 billion by 2017, and exceeding the growth rate for the analog market as a whole.
With the addition of industrial analog solutions to its portfolio of microcontrollers (MCUs) and sensors for industrial applications, Freescale offers robust, reliable and differentiated solutions to the fast-growing industrial market. This comprehensive approach can help simplify systems design and accelerate time to market.
“Freescale’s analog solutions bridge real-world physics with the connected intelligence of the virtual world,” said James Bates, senior vice president and general manager of Freescale’s Analog and Sensors business. “With safety and reliability expertise honed by our long history in the automotive market, together with Freescale’s complementary and broad portfolio of MCUs and sensors, Freescale’s industrial analog products enable comprehensive systems solutions designed to help our customers compete and win in the marketplace.”Serving key industrial markets Freescale’s expanded industrial analog portfolio targets applications including factory automation systems, industrial networking power management equipment, portable medical products, smart home and building control, as well as energy storage systems. Freescale’s analog offerings for these markets include:
- System basis chips (SBCs) featuring an outstanding combination of integrated functional safety, power management efficiency and connectivity;
- Battery management sensor (BMS) solutions featuring precision signal measurement and ultra-low-power capabilities for mission-critical applications;
- Power drivers delivering exceptional thermal efficiency for high-current drive applications in brushed and brushless DC motors, as well as precision solenoid drive profiles in demanding dynamic load environments; and
- Power switches for dense, high-current I/O switching applications requiring space efficiency, rich diagnostics and comprehensive fault management capabilities.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts