8. -- Family Dollar Stores (FDO) is expected by analysts on Wednesday to post fiscal fourth-quarter earnings of 84 cents a share on revenue of $2.56 billion.
9. -- Samsung said it will release a smartphone with a curved display, and a price tag of $1,000.The Galaxy Round has a curved 5.7-inch (14.5 cm) screen using advanced display technology called organic light-emitting diode, or OLED, technology. The company said such a curved screen smartphone is the first in the world.
10. -- Alcoa (AA), the aluminum giant, posted third-quarter net income of $24 million, a reversal from a year-earlier loss of $143 million. Adjusted earnings in the quarter were 11 cents a share; analysts were looking for profit of 5 cents a share. Revenue declined 1% to $5.77 billion. Alcoa said cash prices for aluminum prices fell 7% from a year earlier.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV