LOS ANGELES, Oct. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Heading into fall, Sport Chalet, a specialty sporting goods retailer, encourages consumers to stay active during the cooler seasons and transition workouts to indoor activities like yoga. For experienced yogis or first-timers, the proper mat and apparel can be the key to maximizing a workout designed to strengthen the mind, body and soul.
"Pairing yourself with the correct gear is important, particularly when the sport requires the use of your body as the weight," said Hallie Moyer, buyer at Sport Chalet. "Yoga relies heavily on balance, so what is under your hands and feet to help support your alignment is critical. At Sport Chalet, we educate our customers on how to select the right equipment to augment their workout of choice, helping yogis hit the mat with confidence."
To help yoga enthusiasts focus on their Zen, Moyer outlines the following equipment necessities and practice tips:
- Manduka The Black Yoga Mat PRO: the dense, thick mat provides more cushioning for bones and a superior non-slip fabric finish for holding poses. It also comes with a lifetime guarantee so yogis can keep returning to the mat to improve their practice. TIP: Wet any new mat down prior to use and in between classes to create some stickiness for an improved grip.
- Manduka Yoga Cork Block: the cork is a renewable, sustainable material that provides a firmness not found in foam blocks to help support balance and form. TIP: Blocks can be used outside of yoga class to enhance body weight exercises like crunches, pushups and reps with light-weight dumb bells.
- Manduka Cotton Yoga Strap: the strap includes a redesigned buckle, making it stronger and easier to use. TIP: While popular among beginners, these straps also allow any level yogi to experience a longer, deeper pose or stretch.
- Prana Women's Roxanne Printed Legging: stand out from traditional black yoga pants with these patterned leggings. Quick drying stretch material makes these a statement-worthy addition to any wardrobe. TIP: Leave any fears behind and focus inward for a reflective and rewarding session.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV