Retail industry research (available at www.qumu.com/retail) from Qumu (NASDAQ: QUMU), the leader in secure multimedia content management and delivery solutions, reveals that 94 percent of retail store associates recognize the benefit of receiving video training, suggesting video is a communication medium ripe for retailers to embrace. The research also indicates that 51 percent of retail store employees feel disconnected from their wider company strategy and direction.
Training is a key issue for retailers, who operate in an industry that traditionally experiences high staff turnover and relies heavily on front line staff to deliver an engaging and positive customer experience – something that directly impacts on customer loyalty and sales performance.
In terms of how training is currently being delivered, research revealed that:
- 61 percent of store associates are receiving training primarily from a supervisor, despite the cost, time and resources involved
- Over 35 percent of respondents received no formal training
- 28 percent were asked to read a manual or handbook
Store associates surveyed outlined a wide range of benefits to receiving training by video-on-demand, as opposed to current training methods being employed. The primary benefits outlined were:
- Receiving training at a time and location of convenience and when most effective (57 percent)
- Increased sales performance (49 percent) and a better customer experience (44 percent)
- Better staff retention (47 percent)
- A greater understanding of company strategy (57 percent)
- More connectedness to the company community (47 percent)
- Understanding of activity in other stores (46 percent)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts