CA Technologies (NASDAQ:CA) today announced the opening of its CA Silicon Valley Technology Center here – a site that consolidates the research and development capabilities of more than $1 billion in application, security and portfolio management acquisitions made in the Bay Area over the past seven years and increases the company’s focus on emerging technologies, including cloud, Software-as-a-Service, mobility and big data. The company plans to tap into the remarkable technical talent that the region has to offer and to expand its local workforce by up to 50 percent.
The new facility was opened by CA Technologies Chief Executive Officer Mike Gregoire and dignitaries including Santa Clara Mayor Jamie Matthews; Carl Guardino, CEO of Silicon Valley Leadership Group; Dean Garfield, CEO of Information Technology Industry Council and Dana Fraticelli, CEO of Silicon Valley Boys and Girls Clubs.
“CA Technologies has a strong presence in Silicon Valley, but nobody really knows it,” said Gregoire, who joined the company nine months ago from Silicon Valley’s Taleo Corp. “We’re going to change that. We plan to make Silicon Valley one of our key R&D sites and tap into the rich vein of engineering talent in the region. We will be a strong player in the technology community and the community at-large. While CA is a powerhouse in the IT management and security market serving almost all of the Fortune 1000 companies, we are in the process of infusing the company with the speed and start-up energy that is so prevalent in the Valley. Over the years, we have acquired marquee Silicon Valley companies like Wily, Niku, Nimsoft and Arcot allowing us to start off with top flight talent. We are looking to build on it and establish ourselves as a preferred home for the best Valley technical talent.”
Santa Clara Mayor Jamie Matthews said he is pleased that CA Technologies has selected his city for the technology center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV