Listen Now! AFGE President Responds To Government Shutdown On "Inside Government"
WASHINGTON, Oct. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Tune in now to AFGE's "Inside Government" for the union's reaction to the government shutdown. The show, which originally aired on Friday, Oct. 4, is now available on demand.
AFGE National President J. David Cox Sr. responded to the shutdown, calling it "devastating" for federal workers and Americans relying on public services. Cox also discussed the union's plan going forward to combat the shutdown.
Matt Perlinger , executive vice president of AFGE Social Security Administration Local 836, then detailed efforts to engage younger workers into the labor movement through the union's Young Organizing Unionists for the Next Generation (Y.O.U.N.G.) program.Lastly, Jeffrey Hilgert , assistant professor of Industrial Relations at the University of Montreal, discussed his book, "Hazard or Hardship: Crafting Global Norms on the Right to Refuse Unsafe Work." Listen LIVE on Fridays at 10 a.m. ET on 1500 AM WFED in the D.C. area or online at FederalNewsRadio.com. For more information, please visit InsideGovernmentRadio.com. "Inside Government" is a one-hour weekly nationwide radio/Internet program dedicated to issues that impact federal and D.C. government employees. The show airs each Friday at 10 a.m. on Federal News Radio 1500 AM in Washington, D.C., and online at FederalNewsRadio.com . It is also available to millions of iPod users through Apple's iTunes podcast. "Inside Government" is produced by the American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE), the nation's largest federal employee union, representing 670,000 workers in the federal government and the government of the District of Columbia. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, iTunes and YouTube! SOURCE American Federation of Government Employees
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV