Jamba Inc. today provided an update on key business initiatives, preliminary fiscal year 2014 guidance and adjusted estimates for fiscal year 2013.
- JambaGo express smoothie units are now opening in over 1,000 food courts at a major retailer across the country. The partnership represents the largest single expansion of JambaGo to date and will bring the total units to over 1,800.
- International markets for Jamba are expected to grow from four countries currently to between seven and nine by year-end 2015. The estimated potential for international stores has therefore increased from 1,000 to 1,500.
- A newly launched cost and productivity improvement program is expected to yield savings of 100-200 basis points in operating margin once fully operationalized.
- The ISIS mobile wallet that enables payment via phone is now rolling out nationally to Jamba stores. Jamba’s new loyalty program, partnering with SpendGo, is scheduled to follow in the first quarter of 2014.
- As a result of constraints on consumer spending, adverse weather in key markets and increased competition, Jamba adjusted several estimates for 2013. The Company now expects system-wide same store sales to be flat to 1%, store-level margins to be 16% to 17% and operating margin to be 1% to 2%.
- Preliminary forecasts for 2014 show solid growth with system-wide same store sales of 2% to 4%; store-level margin of 18% to 19%; operating margin of 2% to 3%; domestic and international openings of 60 to 80 new stores; and up to 1,000 new JambaGo installations.
“Our analysis shows that a consumer spending slowdown reduced third quarter comparable store sales comparisons for company stores by 3% to 4%. We believe that current campaigns did not have the same impact as the prior year, impacting the comparison by 1% to 2%, and adverse weather in key markets caused a further reduction of approximately 1% to 2%. Preliminary results for third quarter same store sales reflect a decrease in system-wide comparable store sales of -3.4%, company-owned stores of -5.5%, and franchise stores of-1.3%. (1)” said James D. White, chairman, president and CEO of Jamba. “Jamba’s adjusted targets for 2013 and preliminary forecasts for 2014 represent a realistic and balanced approach to achieve sustained, long-term growth and also drive significant gains this year in operating margin, net income and other key metrics.”
“Our JambaGo initiative is a good example of robust growth. We are delighted to broaden our distribution to many other customers who will now have the opportunity to experience our delicious Jamba smoothies, which not only taste great but also have inspired millions of fans to pursue active healthy life styles,” concluded Mr. White.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV