Chris Lau, Kapitall: It’s getting harder every day for tech giants like Google to keep their upcoming products under wraps.
If a leaked manual for Google’s (GOOG) Nexus 5 is true, then the Android system is set to raise its market share dominance worldwide. While Google, whose omnipresent tactics may or may not have anticipated the leak, they are not the only company to consider now.
[Read more from Kapitall: Stocks to Watch as GTA 5 Online Stalls]
If the Nexus 5 release is more successful this time around, there are at least four companies that could benefit when the smartphone is unveiled on October 14.Click on the interactive charts below to see data over time. Sourced from Zacks Investment Research. Previous Nexus releases tepid Google released the Nexus 4 last year, but the significance of the announcement was lost after Hurricane Sandy devastated New York City. Google even had to cancel the unveiling last year. But when the device was made available at Google Play, it was sold out very quickly. By September, Google reduced the price of the device to just $199, setting the stage for expectations of a Nexus 5 release. Google Nexus 5 Specifications The leaked manual suggests that the Nexus 5, made by LG Electronics (LPL), will have the following specifications:
- 5.0-inch, 1920 X 1080 1080p IPS LCD display
- 16 and 32GB internal storage
- 2GB RAM
- Qualcomm (QCOM) 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor
- 8MP rear camera with optical image stabilizer and 1.3MP front camera
- 2300mAh battery
- NFC, notification light and wireless charging
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts