PITTSBURGH, Oct. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- United States Steel Corporation (NYSE: X) today announced that Thomas J. O'Toole has been advanced to general manager – process/consulting engineering, effective Oct. 1. In this position he oversees engineering development and engineering process improvements at all U. S. Steel facilities. He is based at the company's corporate headquarters and reports to Anthony R. Bridge, vice president-engineering and research and development. O'Toole succeeds Ray Terza, who retired Sept. 30 after more than 40 years of service with the company.
O'Toole, 49, joined U. S. Steel in 1996 as an environmental control engineer. He advanced through a series of increasingly responsible positions, including serving as the general manager – procurement for U. S. Steel Canada and general manager – engineering, Europe, for U. S. Steel Kosice in the Slovak Republic. He recently returned to corporate headquarters as director – engineering projects. Prior to joining U. S. Steel, O'Toole worked for Chester Environmental in Coraopolis, Pa., as a project engineer and manager, and served in the United States Air Force.
O'Toole earned a bachelor's of science in civil engineering from Pennsylvania State University in 1986. He studied at the University of Pittsburgh where he earned a master's degree in environmental engineering (1999) and a master's in business administration (2003). O'Toole, his wife Kathy and their two children reside in the Pittsburgh area.
For more information about U. S. Steel, visit www.ussteel.com.SOURCE United States Steel Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV