EVERETT, Wash., Oct. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing (NYSE: BA) and Jetstar Airways celebrated the delivery of the carrier's first 787 today, which is also the first Dreamliner for Australia.
"Today is a historic milestone for the Qantas Group and Jetstar as we welcome the most advanced passenger aircraft ever constructed to the fleet," said Qantas Group CEO Alan Joyce. "In just 10 short years, Jetstar has grown to be the largest low fares carrier in the Asia Pacific, carrying more than 100 million passengers. The 787 will set up the airline for another decade of growth."
Jetstar's 787 Dreamliner departed Monday morning from Boeing's Everett, Wash. delivery center en route to Melbourne, Australia where the plane will be greeted by airline employees and special guests."We're proud to deliver the revolutionary 787 Dreamliner to our partners at Jetstar," said Boeing Commercial Airplanes President and CEO Ray Conner. "The 787s unmatched fuel efficiency will give Jetstar an advantage in the marketplace and its passengers will travel with the world's most advanced in-flight experience." "Jetstar customers will have the chance to fly in a larger and more spacious cabin, enjoy gate to gate in-flight entertainment and arrive at their destination more refreshed thanks to a lower cabin altitude to reduce the impact of jet lag," said Jetstar Group CEO Jayne Hrdlicka. "The entire Jetstar team is very excited to have the 787 take to Australia skies." The 787 is a visionary design and a revolution in passenger comfort with large, electrically-dimmable windows, larger stow bins, modern LED lighting, higher humidity, a lower cabin altitude, cleaner air and a smoother ride. The 787 uses 20 percent less fuel use and emits 20 percent fewer emissions than similarly sized airplanes."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV