CHARLOTTE, N.C., Oct. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Nucor Corporation (NYSE: NUE) announced that The Steel Manufacturers Association (SMA) presented Nucor's Executive Chairman Dan DiMicco with its Iverson-Selig award, recognizing his outstanding contributions to the minimill steel industry. The award is named after Nucor's founder Ken Iverson and Marvin Selig, founder of CMC Steel, who were two pioneers in establishing steel minimills in the U.S. The award was presented at a ceremony in Charlotte on October 1, 2013.
"Dan's contributions to the success of Nucor and his impact on the entire steel industry cannot be overstated," said John Ferriola, CEO and President of Nucor and Chairman of the SMA. "Dan has been a strong voice for our industry and for the entire manufacturing sector."
DiMicco served as CEO of Nucor from September 2000 through December 2012. Under his leadership, Nucor's total shareholder return growth of 720% was almost four times greater than the total return of the Standard & Poor's Steel Group Index and was twenty-eight times greater than the S&P 500's total return.
"Dan has built upon the legacy of Kenneth Iverson and Marvin Selig. Their collective efforts have helped our nation emerge as one of the most competitive places in the world to make steel, and have allowed our companies to provide high-paying, safe manufacturing jobs to skilled Americans," said Ferriola.Upon on receiving the award, Dan recognized and thanked his Nucor teammates and placed all of the credit for his success squarely in their hands. SMA member companies account for over seventy-five percent of total U.S. steel capacity and utilize a feedstock almost entirely composed of recycled scrap metal to produce new steel.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV