The beer, wine and alcohol company's better than expected results and improved forward guidance was attributed to the acquisition of Grupo Modelo's U.S. beer business.
Texas Industries (TXI) ($56.22) missed EPS estimates by 4 cents earning a penny a share in afterhours trading on Oct. 2. The stock fell from its Oct. 2 close at $67.02 to a low of $56.21 on Oct. 4. Texas Industries maintains its hold rating with a semiannual value level at $47.55 and semiannual and annual pivots at $58.20 and $61.58. My weekly risky level is $60.71.
Profitability for the cement and materials company was hurt by margins that were below analysts estimates.
Walgreen (WAG) ($55.79) matched EPS estimates earning 73 cents a share premarket on Oct. 1. The stock set a new multi-year high at $57.41 on Oct. 3. Walgreen maintains a buy rating with a weekly value level at $54.89 with a monthly risky level at $56.93.Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV