The provider of industrial and construction supplies Fastenal (FAST) ($51.26) set a multiyear high at $53.38 back on Feb. 20 with the 200-day SMA a key support at $48.72. My weekly value level is $49.05 with a semiannual risky level at $53.43.
The discount retailer Family Dollar (FDO) ($72.55) set a multiyear high at $75.29 on Sept. 19. The 50-day SMA is $71.69 with a semiannual pivot at $73.03 with a monthly risky level at $73.39.
The casual dinning chain Ruby Tuesday (RT) ($7.54) broke below its 200-day SMA at $8.24 on July 25 and traded to a low of $7.03 on Aug 28. My weekly pivot is $7.76 with a quarterly risky level at $62.23.
The owner of Kentucky Fried Chicken, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut, YUM! Brands (YUM) ($71.53) set a multiyear high at $75.13 on Aug. 12 then tested and held its 200-day SMA at $69.10 on Sept. 4. My weekly value level is $68.75 with a semiannual risky level at $73.12.At the time of publication, Suttmeier had no positions in stocks mentioned. Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV