BENSALEM, Pa., Oct. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With the fashion world paying increased attention to the plus size woman, a national survey reveals her perception of her own body image is holding her back. In fact, the survey of 1,000 women sizes 14 and up points to a major confidence gap among this demographic. While the vast majority of plus size women (85 percent) say they believe that beautiful bodies come in all shapes and sizes, fewer than half (49 percent) say that they embrace their own curves.
Plus size retailer Sonsi conducted the survey to determine how the plus size market, now 60 percent of women in the U.S., perceive themselves, and how these perceptions might be preventing them from reaching their full fashion potential.
"With plus size women gracing the pages of leading fashion magazines as well as the runways at New York Fashion Week, curvy women should feel good that they finally have a voice," says Kristin Mongello, Sonsi Director of E-commerce. "But surprisingly a majority of curvy women say they still lack the confidence to dress more fashionably. It really comes back to body image."In keeping with its mission to inspire every plus size woman to embrace her curves, Sonsi worked with a team of curvy fashionistas to develop the world's first Curvy Quotient (CQ) Test, available exclusively at Sonsi.com. "Designed by curvy women for curvy women, our 2-minute test will help a plus size woman determine her Curvy Quotient, a measurement of her confidence and willingness to embrace her curves," says Mongello. According to Mongello, women who score a high CQ will be asked to share their tips with other curvy women. Those whose CQ needs some boosting will be directed to inspirational 'Boost Your Curvy Quotient' resources, including a 'Boost Your CQ' curated collection.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV