ARLINGTON, Va., Oct. 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FBR & Co. (Nasdaq:FBRC) ("FBR" or the "Company"), a leading investment bank serving the middle market, announced today that Thomas P. Curran, CFA has been hired by the Company to join its Energy team in Equity Research. Mr. Curran will cover the Oilfield Services, Equipment, & Drilling sector.
"FBR has been a strong voice in the energy arena and we are thrilled to have Tom augment our team," said David Hilal, Senior Managing Director and Director of Research at FBR. "Tom is a well respected analyst by institutional investors and we believe he will create terrific synergy with our existing team – with both our fundamental and our policy analysts. We look forward to him making significant contributions to our valued clients."
Most recently Mr. Curran served as Vice President in Equity Research at Wells Fargo Securities where he specialized in oilfield services, equipment, and drilling for ten years. Prior to that, he worked at Blaylock & Partners, LP and Citigroup. Mr. Curran earned a B.A. from the University of Pittsburgh. He will be based in the Company's New York office.FBR & Co. (Nasdaq:FBRC) provides investment banking, merger and acquisition advisory, institutional brokerage, and research services through its subsidiary FBR Capital Markets & Co. FBR focuses capital and financial expertise on the following industry sectors: consumer; diversified industrials; energy & natural resources; financial institutions; insurance; real estate; and technology, media & telecom. FBR is headquartered in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area with offices throughout the United States. For more information, please visit www.fbr.com .
CONTACT: Investors: Bradley J. Wright at 703.312.9678 or email@example.com Media: Shannon Small at 703.469.1190 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV