Misek described the iTV as a "unicorn," noting that Apple started securing thousands of TV panels at the 55-inch, 60-inch and 65-inch levels. This typically means that a product launch would come within twelve to fifteen months. However, after having been burned once before, Misek is passing along the information.
Apple CEO Tim Cook has continued to stoke the fires of an Apple television product after former CEO Steve Jobs mentioned that he "finally cracked it," the idea of making television easier and simple for consumers. In an interview late last year with NBC's Brian Williams, Cook said that the television watching experience made him feel like he was in a time warp. "When I go into my living room and turn on the TV, I feel like I have gone backwards in time by 20 to 30 years," Cook told Williams at the end of the interview. "It's an area of intense interest. I can't say more than that."
--Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York
>Contact by Email.Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV