SYNNEX Corporation (NYSE:SNX), a leading distributor of IT products and services, has launched an optimized networking Proof of Concept Lab for resellers to demonstrate new Software Defined Network (SDN) solutions and other advanced server and storage solutions. By utilizing the lab, resellers have the opportunity to test new initiatives prior to introducing them to their customers.
SYNNEX is working with key vendors including HP, whose products are being utilized as a fabric within the lab to provide reliable connectivity for underlying compute and storage infrastructure. The HP 2900 series provides robust security and management features for enterprises as well as customers building high-performance networks. The lab also demonstrates Avaya’s full communications and collaboration portfolios for unified communications, with Avaya Fabric Connect Networking coming in the fourth quarter of 2013.
The SYNNEX Proof of Concept Lab currently has the capabilities to demo the following technology:
- NEC: a Programmable Flow® offering redefining cloud network virtualization with OpenFlow;
- Arista Networks: an ultra-low latency back bone utilizing Arista EOS (extensible operating system);
- SolarFlare: industry-leading 10GbE low latency and high performance adapters that utilize a cut-through architecture.
In collaboration with Red Hat, the lab will feature Red Hat Enterprise Linux and the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization datacenter virtualization platform. Through collaborations with leading software, storage and server manufacturers, the lab integrates full data center virtualization and unified communications solutions providing the foundation for public, private and hybrid cloud projects. The Proof of Concept lab will roll out new solutions through the first quarter of 2014 and will continue to strongly align with SYNNEX’ overall networking growth strategy.“By partnering with strategic emerging vendors, along with SYNNEX’ best-in-class channel management team, the Proof of Concept Lab provides an ideal entry point to our channel partners for exploration and solutions deployment,” said Peter Larocque, President, U.S. Distribution, SYNNEX Corporation. “By investing in cutting-edge technology and research, SYNNEX helps resellers stay ahead of the game during the beginning of a paradigm shift in the networking landscape.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV